RLIA Meeting Notes
Present: Pete Ebbott, Johanna Chworowsky, Karl Vonderohe, Milton Strauss, Patricia Cicero, Hope Oostdik, Katie Travers
Absent: Russell Wagner, Ken Steffan, Stanley Smoniewski
Call to Order 7:07 p.m.
Secretary’s Report – Distributed – Changed - Accepted
Treasurer’s Report – Distributed – Read – Total Assets $4,626.66
- Karl to check with Bob Fahey about the fish stocking plans for this year
- House – 1 month extension to evaluate was given
- Extra Land Purchase – still in question. Owner has high asking price
- Trails – Designs are complete
- Lake Mills High School Science Club– Patricia spoke to a group of around 60 students. About 20 requested the opportunity to do some volunteer work.
Rock Lake Joint City/Town Committee
- Pier Ordinance – Informational Meeting set for Saturday, March 16. Public Hearing set for April 1.
- Need new Web Site Master
- Web Site fee is due. Unanimous vote to pay fee.
- Stan and his son Jason will take over from Bob Runte.
- Packets – Patricia handed out the proposed packets
- All to review Packet contents and bring recommendations to the next meeting
- All to consider how to promote the RLIA in the packet
- Flyer – Only 600 are left. 1100 will be printed to facilitate this years mailing.
- Mailing - Unanimous vote to hire the Leader to do this years mailing
- RLIA Constitution – Need to determine if we have a copy of the current constitution
- Johanna to coordinate membership drive activities
- Pete to check on a township mailing list
- Johanna and Hope to review the 2 RLIA constitutions that we have uncovered
Grants, Research, Studies, etc.
- Aquatic Plant Survey – A copy was available for review. It was for both Rock Lake and Lake Ripely
- Patricia will edit the Aquatic Plant Survey so we have a unique copy for Rock lake only
- Karl will e-mail the RLIA board information from a session on Lake Grant Planning
- New Noise – Motorcycles are being raced on the ice. Milt had a recording of the noise level
- Motorized vehicles on frozen lake - Madison lakes have an ordinance that requires flotation gear on all vehicles
- RLIA to request the Rock Lake Joint Committee to look into the above 2 issues
- Costs – Only urban areas are eligible to get grants to eradicate geese
- Johanna to invite Karen Etter Hale to speak at an RLIA meeting
- WAL Convention – March 7,8,9 in Green Bay
- Audubon Society Meeting – Request for RLIA to sponsor society meeting at Lake Mills City Community Center – Unanimous vote to sponsor. Society requested the RLIA membership mailing list.
- Annual Meeting – Set for August 24, 2002
- Pete to send Karen Etter Hale the RLIA membership mailing list.
- Katie to reserve the shelter at the park for the annual meeting.
Adjourn 8:52p.m. Next Meeting March 13, 2002