RLIA Meeting Notes
Present: Pete Ebbott, Johanna Chworowsky, Karl Vonderohe, Milton Strauss, Ken Steffan, Patricia Cicero
Absent: Hope Oostdik, Russell Wagner, Katie Travers, Stanley Smoniewski
Call to Order 7:04 p.m.
Secretary’s Report – Distributed – Changed - Accepted
Treasurer’s Report – Distributed – Read – Total Assets $5,038.34
- Barn – Oldest part will be kept
- House – 5 year extension to evaluate was requested
- Extra Land Purchase – still in question
- State Forestry Grant – Grant was received to identify woodland and plant layout
- Fort High School – Patricia spoke to a group of around 40 students. There is a possible opportunity for some volunteer work.
Rock Lake Joint City/Town Committee
- Pier Ordinance - City and Town in agreement with proposed changes. Vickie Schmidt will be the legal owner. An open presentation meeting should be the next step.
- Traffic – A list of possible solutions is being investigated
- Slow-No-Wake – The committee recommended that the town create an ordinance to issue tickets when a temporary Slow-No-Wake is put on the Lake. The committee will be able to recommend the action when the water is at least 6" above the DNR maximum height.
- Package Contents – Will be available for members to review at February meeting
- Riparian Owners List – Need method maintaining
- WAL Loon Folders – Use to hold Package Contents
- Patricia to order 500 Loon folders. Motion passed unanimously
- Send Flyer – March is the month this is usually done
- Johanna to check on mailing
Grants, Research, Studies, etc.
- Zebra Mussels – Patricia talked to Dennis Hoelzel about boat washing. No progress
- Aquatic Plant Survey – A study was done last year.
- Patricia will report on the Aquatic Plant Survey at the February Meeting
Self-Help Lake Monitoring Program
- PWC’s – Are banned on Clear Lake on weekends and holidays
- Dane County possible regulations - PWC proponents cried discrimination and spoke of Safety and good Conduct of Operation
- Milton to work with Joint Rock Lake committee on Traffic issues
- Costs – Lake Mills is not eligible for grants or cooperative funding
- Possible Partners – Town, City Golf Course, Fish Hatchery, Condo Association, Setz Resort
- Possible action – Juveniles would be rounded up and relocated the first year. Then, the adults would be used for food for the homeless shelters the second year.
- WAL annual meeting is March 7-9 this year. Early registration due January 15
Adjourn 8:16p.m. Next Meeting February 6, 2002